Support A GEM Project
We have various projects going on at the GEM that need continued volunteer and financial support. One of the projects may be of special interest to you – so please support Grand Encampment Museum by either volunteering, or financially supporting us. Contact Christy and let her know! Call her at 307.327.5308 or email GEMdirector@gemuseum.com. You can also donate through this website.
- Textile Preservation Project
- Thanks to Wyoming Community Foundation, Colorado Wyoming Association of Museums (CWAM) and the Greenwood Fund of the Denver Foundation for support of this project through grants. With the grant funds, the GEM purchased archive grade containers to store the textiles, storage shelves, and dress forms to display more of our material culture. Thanks!
- Map Project
- Cataloging our maps takes time and effort! Most of the maps are available for viewing and research. Thanks to Jack Studley and the City of Cheyenne for the map cases!
- S&E Caboose Restoration
- Restoration is slow and steady. We are in the midst of planning the deck so the caboose restoration can occur on the interior – and so visitors can soon access the caboose.
- Encampment Journeys – Oral Histories with Encampment and Riverside locals
- This is an ongoing, annual project between the GEM and the Encampment 8th Grade class.
Annual Membership is $50/year. You receive 10% off on museum store items, newsletters, invites to special events, and voting privilege in the annual GEM Board election.
Lifetime Membership is $500. You receive 10% off on museum store items, newsletters, invites to special events, and voting privilege in the annual GEM Board election.
The GEM depends on our members and donors in order to sustain our mission.
Call the museum for a membership form – 307.327.5308 or email GEMdirector@GEMuseum.com
Leave a Legacy
Do you have stories preserved at the GEM? Then please consider us in your estate planning so we can continue to preserve your history, your stories, and your memories for future generations. We archive family photographs, manuscripts, diaries, maps, letters, cards, and more. If you are interested in donating to our museum and/or library, please contact us for more information, or better yet come visit us to talk about estate planning.
We truly appreciate everyone’s support! Thank-You!!
You can easily donate to the GEM through our website via PayPal: